Within Ostendo there are several ways to customise the software to suit an organisation. Ostendo sits on a SQL Relational Database called Firebird. We can create the following to fit in with specific business requirements:
- Custom screens – launched from within Ostendo e.g. Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, that allow capturing of specific business information or perform specific calculations e.g. Quoting Calculation screen for a manufacturing client that integrates with AutoCAD
- Screen Data Script: Related to Master, Order, Receiving, and Invoicing Screens where the action of Adding or Deleting a record or changing any field within the record will automatically run this Script e.g. a script that prevents certain users from selling a certain item, adding an order etc.
- System Action script: Scripts can be written that add custom functionality prior to a standard system action being fired e.g. going into Sales Orders, Job Orders, Invoices etc.
- Workflow Script: These are scripts that can be used to change the appearance and/or Text of a Workflow Object.
- Triggers & Stored procedures: these can be added to the database to pass or calculate information behind the scenes
- Advanced Report Writing: reports, inquiries, pivots that require advanced SQL Development