Look below for New Features in Ostendo
Frequently Asked Questions on Ostendo Software
Ostendo allows you to manage the activity of your business and still keep your existing accounting software. Ostendo integrates crucial activities, such as business operations that fall outside the range of financial systems, into your business. This ensures that you have real time information for decision making.
Ostendo software integrates directly with MYOB accounting, XERO and Quickbooks. Ostendo runs on an SQL relational database and supports the multi company, multi user business- ranging from a single user to over a hundred users.
Ostendo is a "business operating system"
Ostendo linked to XERO accounting provides
Ostendo introduces the concept of the "business operating system" when combined with MYOB or XERO provides literally everything you need to run a small or midsize business, including accounting, operational and office functions and supporting technology.
Ostendo is highly configurable
Ostendo is highly configurable and combines the flexibility of a spreadsheet with the power of an SQL relational database. You can remove menu items, re-arrange and re-size or delete list columns, add fields to the database and edit report formats.
Ostendo is powered by an SQL relational database
Ostendo is built around Firebird, the open source version of Borland's InterBase. You get a true, scalable, SQL relational database -- built right into the product. With Firebird, Ostendo can support up to 100 or more users.
Ostendo is designed for today's fast-paced environment
The businesses of today operate in a fast-paced, service-oriented, just-in-time environment that calls for operational software that reflects that reality. Ostendo frees you from excessive steps and procedures that just slow you down.
Ostendo is operationally-focused
Unlike the general nature of many accounting systems, Ostendo is operationally focused on: Distribution, Job Costing, Manufacturing, Service & Maintenance, and Point of Sale.
Ostendo is packed with technology that makes you more productive.
We've integrated technology into Ostendo not normally found in accounting packages, including a spreadsheet (with SQL queries), knowledge base, a report writer, and more.
And ERP system for a fraction of the price of a standart ERP system:
- Full stock system or labour project management
- Ostendo 'syncs' to XERO every hour
- Report writer in both applications
- XERO comes standard with fixed asset manager
- Integrated payroll
Existing Ostendo Features
Ostendo Inventory and Purchasing
- Multiple Warehouses and Locations
- Multiple Units of Measure
- Serial Number, Batch and Warranty Tracking
- Grade, Colour, Size, Expiry Date and Barcodes
- Stock Takes and Location Transfers
- Allows for Negative Stock
- Complementary Add-On Sales
- Pricing Levels, Quantity Breaks and Discounts
- Inventory Forecasting and Replenishment
- Purchase directly for Jobs, Assemblies,
- Sales Orders or Stock
- Use unlimited Supplier Catalogues
- 3 Purchase Methods: Order to Receipt to Invoice, or Order to Invoice, or Invoice only
|Ostendo Items Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Sales and Services
- Consolidate Invoices for Jobs, Sales
- Deliveries and Recurring Invoices
- Sales Kitsets, Configured Items
- Alternate Items and Add-on Sales
- Extensive Pricing Matrix
- Original and Extended Warranty Tracking
- Creates Customer Service Asset after Selling
- Product or Service
- Service Reminder Letters or Emails
- Automatically Schedules Preventative Maintenance
- and Creates Service Jobs
- Complete Sales and Service History
- 3 Sales Methods: Order to Delivery to Invoice, or Order to Invoice, or Invoice only
|Ostendo Sales Order Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Point of Sale (POS)
- Multi Terminal
- Multi Branch
- Location Transfer
- Counter Sales
- Workshop Orders
- POS Quotations
- Back Office
- Cash Drops, Office Drops and Expenses
- POS End of Day Cash Up
- SKU Barcodes
- Scanning Mode enabled
|Ostendo POS Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Job Costing and Projects
- Simple to Complex Job Estimating
- Real Time Work In Progress at all Levels
- After Job Costing and Actual Job Profit Reporting
- Use Planned Costs based on Progress Claim
- Percentage to Project Job Profitability
- Budgeted, Actual and Projected Costs
- Progress Claims and Retentions Tracking
- Consolidated Invoicing by Project
- Use Standard, Average, Actual, Last, Buy Price or Calculated Costing Methods
|Ostendo Job Order Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Engineering and Production
- Choose the level of Simplicity or Complexity
- Make to Order and Make to Stock
- Assembly Orders with or without Details
- Bills of Material unlimited Levels Deep
- Includes Setup, Scrap Percentage, Resources
- Where Used Enquiry for Bills of Material
- Mass Replacement/Substitution Utility
- Phantom Assemblies
- Cost Roll Ups
|Ostendo BOM Expanded Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Labour and Job Tracking
- Timesheets, Job Sheets and Job Lists
- Planned, Actual and Projected Labour Time remaining by Task, Job or Project
- Varying Employee Direct Costs can be linked to One Labour Code
- Varying Customer Labour Charge Out Rates
- Graphical Resource Job Scheduling Calendar
- Business Work Time Profile
|Ostendo Timesheet Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo CRM and Quoting
- Tracks Quotes, Jobs, Orders, Invoices Payments and Deposits Activity Log for Emails, Calls, Meetings
- Integrated Call Centre Management for Date and Time Stamped Calls
- Complete Call and Quote History
- Expiry Date for Quotes
- Convert Quotes to Sales Orders or
Change to Lost Status with a Reason
- Business Knowledge Base with FAQs
|Ostendo Call Centre Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Custom Products
- Products and Services
- Question and Answer Interface to Design
Cost and Price Customised Items
- Creates and Stores Unique Design, Cost
and Price at Quote and Sales Order Entry
- Define your Rules and Pricing Structure
- Uses Scripting for Dimensional
- Rules based Configurations
- Features and Options
- Converts to a Regular Service Asset
|Custom Products Screen
Please click for larger view
Ostendo Technical and Utilities
- Modifiable Windows Graphical User Interface
- Document and Image Management
- Spreadsheet with SQL Query Tool
- Analysis, Reports and Scripting
- User Alerts and Reminders
- Data Import and Export
- Relational Database
- Multi User and Multi Company
- MYOB Integration
|Ostendo Technical and Utilities
Please click for larger view
Ostendo includes in-depth inventory allowing for negative stock, multiple warehouses, locations and units of measure, barcodes, expiry dates, serial, batch and warranty tracking, inventory forecasting and replenishment, purchasing, supplier catalogues, pricing and discounting, sales kitsets, add-on sales, distribution, service, repairs, maintenance contracts, customer relations and call centre management, quotes and estimates, actual job costing, job profit reporting, jobs and projects, progress claims and retentions, job and resource scheduling, labour timesheets, assembly orders, phantom assemblies, bills of material with routings, and a rules based configurator for customised products and services.
Ostendo’s SQL relational database integrates with Xero automatically with an API or MYOB using the Read Write ODBC Driver and supports the multi company, multi user business scaling from a single user to 100+.
Ostendo New Features
Ostendo now has several new features that extend it's capabilities significantly and moves it into different environments.
Web Services, Mobility, Remote Access and Third Party Software Integration
- Allow the use of mobility devices such as iPhones, iPads, Smart Phone and Tables to interface with Ostendo Real Time
- Enable Ostendo to interface with other web enabled applications
- Allow Ostendo Users (and their Customers/Suppliers) to seamlessly connect, inquire and enter information via the Internet real time
- Allow productivity tools (such as MS Excel spreadsheets) to connect real time with Ostendo
- Provide a developers interface for third party software applications
Additional Fields - No Practical Limits
We have now allowed for dynamic creation of additional fields for all the screens that support the additional field feature. This means that Ostendo can be customised to allow for all the unique information your business needs to capture operationally. Previously we restricted the number of additional fields to either 16 or 6 (depending on the screen/table), but you can now add as many additional fields as needed.
Inquiry Screens - We can now have up to 12 detail tabs
Ostendo now has an increased number of detail tabs/queries available in an Inquiry screen from 6 to 12. Remember with every detail tab you can define multiple drill downs - i other words, I might be in an Item inquiry screen and then wish to drill down and display all Sales Orders for that particular itme I have currently selected. There is unlimited ability to define drill downs/links to other Inquiry and even scripts. The script option allows for limitless possibilities. One example would be you have an inquiry screen that displays the Key Performance Indicators for the business and from there you wish to email the results to the Managing Director, by simply linking a script to that inquiry you could do this within one mouse click.
System Settings - Web Services Code
Ostendo now has a new flag in the 'System Settings-Environment Settings' tab called 'Web Services Code' and is used to store your companies Web Services licence code (see Web Services & Mobility write up) enabling Ostendo to run as a Web Server for internet, mobility and third party development access.
Firebird 2.5 Support with Ostendo
We are pleased to announce the full support for the latest version of Firebird 2.5 (the Database Ostendo uses). There are a number of advantages going to 2.5 over the current 1.5 Ostendo has been running on, the main ones are:
- Improved performance of Ostendo and lower usage: we have found that 2.5 can provide, on average double the speed when running reports and queries.
- Support for 64 Bit processors and operating systems (therefore improved performance and under load)
- Better support for multi-processors servers
Inventory & Replenishment in Ostendo
Item Rules - Negative Stock check by Site, Warehouse, Location
Ostendo now has a new rule for defining the level in which the negative stock check applies. Previously if an Item (or All items) was prevented from going into negative, the check was applied at stock for that Item as a whole. With this new rule you are now able to block negative stock at a Site, Warehouse or Location level (i.e. if you set the rule to ‘Site’, then the sum of all inventory held against warehouses linked to a particular site couldn’t go below zero).
Item Site Master (New Screen)
We have added a new screen in Ostendo, called ‘Item Site Master’ linked to the Item screen. This enables the definition of rules and costs by site for a specific Item code. In essence this would be used for companies that operate from a single database, but with multiple distinct sites (branches) that have either different order polices and/or different costs. The information that is used from this screen is dependant of the flag (Cost by Site) in the Item Rules.
1) If the flag (Cost by Site) in the Item Rules is set to false and there is a record for an Item in this new screen then, only the order policy rules will come from the Item Site Master and the costs will come from the Item. By default, you have to manually add a record in the Item Site Master if you wish to have different order polices for different sites, otherwise they will come from the Item itself. There is a new flag called ‘Auto Create Item Site Master Records’ in the Item Rules table that will automatically create Item Site Master records for new Items created if so required.
2) If the flag (Cost by Site) in the Item Rules is set to true then the costs will be stored and fetched from the Item Site Master (in other words the same item could have different costs by site). Also whenever a new Item or Site is created the Item Site Master records are automatically generated for every combination.
When defining the ‘Sourced By’ value for and Item-Site combination in Ostendo, there is an extra option available called ‘Transfer’. This option is used in the Inventory Replenishment routine (see Inventory Replenishment write up) and flags the fact that the item for that site is transferred from another site (set within the Company Sites screen) instead of purchasing or manufacturing.
Item Rules – Cost by Site
This new rule in Ostendo is used in conjunction with the new screen ‘Item Site Master’ and basically determines whether the Average, Last and Standard costs are stored and calculated by Site or for the Item as a whole. This is applicable for companies where there are multiple sites/branches that wish to reflect the different costs associated with each item for such things as freight and handling charges when calculating the average cost, therefore posting a more accurate site cost for COGS.
Requirement Rules – Extra defaults for Replenishment
We have added a number of new default rules to Ostendo, to support the new functionality in the Inventory Replenishment routine.
Inventory Replenishment (Numerous Enhancements)
Inventory Replenishment has been enhanced in Ostendo, in a number of functional areas and at the same time has had a significant speed improvement (up to 10-20 times faster). Areas of enhancement are:
1) Exclusion Logic: Ostendo now has the ability to exclude any of the demand and/or supply sources. This enables the replenishment (as an example) to be run say for forecast demand only (thereby emulating a ‘Master Production Schedule’), or maybe exclude Assembly demand because the component minimum levels cater for internal demand.
2) Expediting Logic: We have added the ability to flag the fact that Purchase and/or Assemblies can be expedited. In other words we assume that those supply orders can be brought forward to meet demand if needed (rather than raising the requirement for any more supply orders). This works in conjunction with the flags at specific order level (see Purchase & Assembly Orders – No Expediting) and provides for a report of products, quantities and new required dates for orders that require expediting.
3) Forecasting Logic:
a. Forecast Style: There are 2 options (Inventory or Sales). If ‘Inventory’ is selected then the forecast is assumed to include all demands (both dependent and independent) – in other words if an item was both sold directly and used as a component in an assembly then the forecast would need to cover both demands, whereas if Sales was selected then the assumption is that the forecast is only for items sold directly, excluding assembly demands.
b. Forecast From: There are 2 options (Entered Monthly or History Generated). If ‘Entered Monthly’ is selected then the forecast is read directly from the Item Forecast records (this has been the only option previously for forecasts – the only difference now is that forecast can also be by Item- Site combinations). If ‘History Generated’ is selected then the forecast is dynamically generated based on past history (whether it is only direct sales or all inventory is driven via the forecast style option). When ‘History Generated’ is selected you then have an additional 3 settings (History Source, History Days and History Factor %).
c. History Source: There are 2 options (Average Days or Same Month Last Year). If ‘Average Days’ is selected then the value from ‘History Days’ is used to look back that number of days to determine a daily average and use that when projecting forward.
d. History Days: This is the number of days to look back for calculating the average per day (used in conjunction with History Source).
e. History Factor %: This is a multiplying percentage used when the Forecast From is ‘History Generated’. An example might be that you wish to use the same demand for the same month last year, but factor it up by 20%.
4) Specific Site: We have added the ability to run the Replenishment for a specific site. This basically means that the following occurs:
a. Only Demand and Supply orders that are linked to that site are included
b. If forecasting is used then:
i. If it is ‘Entered Monthly’ then the forecast for that Item-Site combination is used if it exists otherwise the item forecast is used (See ‘Inventory Forecast – By Site’ section).
ii. If it is ‘History Generated’ selected then only history records pertaining to that site will used.
c. If there is a record in the Item Site Master for the Item-Site combination then the reorder levels, minimum quantity, order multiple, lead times, supply method, sourced by and supplier come from that record, otherwise it comes from the Item record.
d. If there is a record in the Item Site master for the Item-Site combination and the sourced by is set to ‘Transfer’ then if a requirement is generated for this combination a planned ‘Inventory Transfer - Site Transfer’ will be created. The site used to transfer from is defined in the ‘General- Company Sites’ screen.
5) Specific Supplier: We added the ability to generate the replenishment for all items that are linked to a specific primary supplier.
Inventory Transfers – New Site Transfer and Transfer Charging Functionality
We have added 2 new features in this screen in Ostendo:
1) Transfer Charging: We have added a new checkbox for including a transfer charge when moving stock from one warehouse/location to another. This allows for costs such as freight to be added to cost of the product being transferred (unless you have the flag ‘Item Rules-Cost by Site’ set to true, this cost will be accumulated to the overall average cost of the Item for everything in stock). Options available for transfer charging are:
a. Charge Code: This is a descriptor code which then bring a default caption and cost centre for this charge
b. Charge Caption: This is descriptive field only
c. Allocation Method: This determines the method of allocating this charge across all items in the Transfer – methods are (Quantity, Cost, Weight & Volume).
d. Cost Centre: This is the cost centre that will be credited with charge amount (Stock is debited with the charge amount).
e. Charge Amount: This is the charge amount.
2) Transfer Style: We have added a new field to determine the style of transfer :
a. Location Transfer: This is a standard transfer from any warehouse/location to any other warehouse/location (was existing functionality) in a simple one step process.
b. Site Transfer: This allows for transferring from one site/branch to another and requires a 2 step process. In other words the transfer requires an In-Transit warehouse/location to be defined for the site (see In Transit Defaults) and then moves the stock to that In Transit location, requiring a receipt process at the receiving site – enabling full traceability of stock movements and clear acceptance of what was sent.
Create Required Orders – Filter by Site and Create Inventory Transfers
Within Ostendo, we have added 2 new options in the Create Required Orders screen:
1) Filter for a specific Site: This allows you to only display requirements for the site you’ve selected.
2) Display Requirements for Transfers: This displays all transfer requests (via the Inventory Replenishment routine) and then allows the creation of those transfers.
Inventory Forecast – By Site
We added the ability to add a Site Level Forecast per item. Simply highlight the Item in the Item Forecast list and click on the ‘Add’ – you will then be presented with a list of sites to select from. This is used in the Inventory Replenishment routine (See Inventory Replenishment write up) if you run the replenishment for that site.
Location Dimensions (Enhancement)
We have enhanced the Locations screen in Ostendo by adding the following fields:
1) Aisle – Used for referencing the physical position of the location
2) Rack - Used for referencing the physical position of the location
3) Row - Used for referencing the physical position of the location
4) Weight – Used to record the max weight allowed for this location
5) Volume – Used to record the max volume allowed for this location
There is also the ability to automatically build the location code based on the Aisle, Rack & Row entered (this can be found in the Item Rules screen).
Purchasing in Ostendo
Purchase Orders – No Expediting
We have added a new flag in Ostendo, in the Purchase Order screen (Detail-Order Settings Tab) called ‘No Expediting of this Order’ (This applies to when running the new Inventory Replenishment routine). If set to true then when the Inventory Replenishment routine is run (and Purchase Expediting is selected) then the required date for this order will be treated as fixed, whereas if it was set to false then the assumption would be made that the order could be moved forward to meet demand requirements. An example of where this might be set to true would be if the order was for an overseas shipment that once on the water could not be sped up.
Purchase Orders – Copying with Reversal & Retaining Original Prices
Within Ostendo we have added 2 new fields when copying and an existing order:
1) Pricing Method: There are 2 options (ReCalculate Prices & Existing Prices). If ‘ReCalculate Prices’ is selected then the latest rules for that customer/product combination are used the price is calculated for each line. If ‘Existing Prices’ is selected then the prices are copied from the original order lines.
2) Reverse Qtys: This option is for reversing the quantities of the original order. This would commonly be used in a Return to Supplier process.
Jobs & Service in Ostendo
Job Orders – Creating Customer Assets on the Fly
We have added the ability to create Customer Assets on the fly when creating new jobs where the job type is set to service/install a customer asset. There is a new edit icon (just to the right of the lookup icon) in the Customer Asset field – on clicking on this icon the Customer Asset screen will be displayed from which you can create a new Asset (Customer name is automatically pulled through) which then gets passed back to the Job Order creation screen for continuation of the Job.
Job Retentions (New Screen)
Ostendo now has a new screen called Job Retentions (Jobs-Job Retentions). The idea of this screen is that it displays all Jobs that have Job Retentions and allows creation, deletion of the Invoice from that screen (very similar to Job Invoices). The Job is still flagged as requiring retentions (via the Job Invoice screen) and each time a Job invoice is created a new Job Retention(s) record is also created – for schedule invoices you can have up to 2 retentions per invoice (you’ll see 4 new fields in the Invoice schedule record).
Customer Asset Readings (New Screen)
We have added a new screen for capturing readings for Customer Assets (Service-Customer Assets-Customer Asset Readings). This is the basis for both usage billing and for forecasted predictive service (both of these features are to be released in the next public update). There is also the ability to define the Reading Type (i.e. Mileage, Hours, Kilowatts, Copies etc...) in a new screen called ‘Customer Asset Reading Types’ (Service-Settings- Customer Asset Reading Types). An Asset can have as many reading types as required.
Assemblies in Ostendo
There are a number of enahancements to Assemblies within Ostendo.
Assembly Rules – Use Phantom Step & line in Order
We have added a new rule in Ostendo that allows the Step & Line number for each component to be transferred from the originating phantom Bill of Material to be used in the newly created assembly order. The proviso is that the Step name needs to exist in the top level Bill of Material, otherwise the components will be placed under the Step that the phantom BOM code was originally l inked to.
Assembly Rules – Rollup Component Cost Type
We have added the ability to define the cost type (Standard, Last or Average) that is to be used for the components when rolling up the costs for a Bill of Material using the Standard Cost Rollup.
Standard Cost Rollup – By Site and for Different Cost Types
When running the Standard Cost Rollup in Ostendo, you now have the ability to specify a specific site. This is only really applicable if you have are using the new feature ‘Cost by Site’. Also, as mentioned previously you can define the component cost type to be used for rolling up the costs in the Assembly Rules.
User Defined Modules
A user defined module is one that was developed using the development and customisation tools built into Ostendo. We will, over time be providing more of these optional modules as downloads. Typically a User Defined Module is one that focuses on a vertical industry requirement and has the potential to be tailored to suit a specific companies needs. The tools available in Ostendo for developing these modules are:
1) User Defined Tables: The ability to create new tables within the Ostendo Database – with all the audit and user traceability options that are available for standard Ostendo tables.
2) User Defined Menus: The ability to define menu structures for linking the developed module scripts.
3) User Defined Constants: The ability to define constants that can be included in scripts and/or Reports, Views & Inquires.
4) Custom Scripts: The ability to build scripts that can do everything from validating data entry to the logic for a data entry screen (also remember you can now link you User defined Module to the web or mobile devices via the new web service style of script).
5) Report & View Developer: This allows for creation of Reports, Pivot, Chart & Analysis Views, Inquiry Screens, and Edit Views (For entering data into a table/s).
Ostendo Workflow (Enhancement)
We have redesigned the standard Ostendo Workflow that is included in the Ostendo application directory (called 'BaseOstendoWorkflow.dat'). The new workflow not only has a more modern look and feel, it includes an extra tab (Service) and displays a number of KPI's associated with various screens (i.e. Overdue Orders, Open Quotes, Shipped Deliveries, Open Calls, Overdue Job Retentions etc.). The KPI's are auto refreshed every minute via an embedded script (the script attached to the 'Ostendo Operation Workflow' caption in the top right corner on the Sales Tab). The actual script is also included in the Ostendo application directory (called 'BaseOstendoWorkFlowKPIScript.txt').
Ask us about offline mobile solutions with Ostendo
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How simple is Ostendo to set up & use?
A:Ostendo Software is created by Development- X Limited and then installed to end user clients through a network of independent software consultants in a number of countries. We analyse your business requirements and then set up and install the software for you.
Ostendo is designed for users in factories, warehouses, retail shops and offices to use with ease. It avoids the debit and credit environments common in accounting packages and just 'maps' to various accounting general ledgers behind the scenes.
Q: Why will my company benefit from using Ostendo?
A: Ostendo allows you to manage the activity of your business and still keep your existing accounting software. Ostendo integrates crucial activities, such as business operations that fall outside the range of financial systems, into your business. It will give you real time information for decision making and assist with the workflow within your organisation. Businesses looking to measure and report KPI's on financial or productivity data, Ostendo will give you operationally what the 'off the shelf' and mid tier accounting packages don’t cover. It will allow you to perform the day to day tasks that matter most to your business and then can integrate the financial side with your existing accounting package. It is very flexible and offers a large range of functional areas that are not handled well in accounting packages, e.g. job costing , POS, Servicing, Assemblies/Manufacturing.
It is also highly customisable and you will be able to tailor the software to suit your organisation, it's business processes. You can also set it up to capture information unique to your business, that simply isn't covered in other software. It comes with a powerful report writer that allows you to create virtually any report or view of your existing data. The report writer can provide reporting as manager or location or 'team leader' level.
Q: What support will I receive while using Ostendo?
A: You will receive full support from ABC Business Solutions as your Ostendo partner. We install the software and updates and provide training to help you start using the system. We have consultants and management accountants available all year to help with any queries or processes within Ostendo. There is also a support site provided by Ostendo at http://www.ostendo.info/support/faq/index.php that has a large list of FAQs and you can also submit a question.
Q: Can I integrate Ostendo with any other software?
A: Ostendo software integrates directly with MYOB accounting, Accounting Plus, Premier and Enterprise and QuickBooks. Development-X has developed a number of interface links that transfer financial transactions from the operations side of the business in Ostendo to the above accounting software products.
Via custom built packages, Ostendo information can be integrated into Other accounting software systems, including EXO Business, ERP software solutions, business management software, cad systems, payroll and timesheet systems. The software can also interface with other web enabled applications.
Mobility devices such as iPhones, iPads, Smart Phone and Tables can also be setup to interface with Ostendo Real Time. If you want to do "jobbing" or sales on the road, this can be done with Ostendo web interface pages and link to Ostendo back at the office for "real time" stock control and job planning.
Q: Will I need any prior knowledge before using Ostendo?
A: The owner can go from a completely manual system to Ostendo. Users are trained from scratch.
Q: How many users can I have in the system?
A: With Firebird, Ostendo can support up to 100 or more users. Ostendo is built around Firebird, the open source version of Borland's InterBase. You get a true, scalable, SQL relational database -- built right into the product.
Q: Is Ostendo Ipad/Iphone friendly?
A: Mobility devices such as iPhones, iPads, Smart Phone and Tables can also be to interface with Ostendo Real Time, e.g. entering Job information, Sale orders or Timesheets remotely.
Q: What features are included in Ostendo?
A: Ostendo offers the following features:
- Inventory & Purchasing
- MRP & Inventory Replenishment
- CRM, Call Centre & Quoting
- Sales & Service
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Job Costing & Projects
- Labour, Timesheets & Job Tracking
- Manufacturing, Engineering & Assembly
- Configured Custom Products & Services
- Features & Options
- Quality Control
- Reporting & Technical Utilities
- Integration with financial software, third party packages
- Interface with web apps and mobile devices e.g. iPad, iPhone etc.
Q: Is my information safe? What security does Ostendo offer?
A: Ostendo combines user security with secure database access for your data protection. You can customise Ostendo by user login to the system and limit the menus users will see and the functions they are able to perform.
Ostendo is loaded on your server, so you have control to protect who has access. The web pages (in The Cloud), are linked to the database on your server. The best of both worlds!
Q: How does Ostendo assist with payroll?
A: Ostendo has a labour module and employees can enter timesheets. Timesheet reporting can then be customised to print for entry to any payroll package, or a link can be customised to upload directly from Ostendo to various payroll software.